Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Resolve

 

98856095, Lisa Stokes /Flickr



re·solve/riˈzälv/

Noun: Firm determination to do something.
Verb: Settle or find a solution to (a problem, dispute, or contentious matter).

   I heard somewhere that" sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same". I have decided to do the right thing about my "No good, very bad idea" ( see "I'm Going to Hate Myself When I Read This Later" post). Strangely, when I read that post later, intense shame and regret did not accompany me! In fact, my honesty was unremorsed. I knew I would eventually resolve the issue, so I can't say I'm surprised. 
Here's the short story.
I talked to the Bestie about my problem for awhile and she listened intently like she always...usually does. She gave me her honest opinion, which was slightly more optimistic than mine (...optimistic people...smh). 
Curiously, later on that week, I got a chance to see the manifestation of the consequences of this "bad idea" in another person's life. It wasn't pretty. In fact, it was ugly enough to turn me away from this "No good, very bad idea" once and for all...probably. I think that somethings you can do away with entirely,while others you may have to fight with over and over again.
    Any who, confiding in a friend made all the difference. When we hold secrets or worries, eventually, they end up holding us. Sharing your burdens with someone always lightens the load. 
So what of this "No good, very bad idea"? Well, we jumped it in a dark alley and stomped it's behind up and down the street! I dare say it will be showing it's face around here anymore, and if it does....I'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment