Mango Upside down cake is probably one of my favorite desserts! It is quick, cheap and easy to make! If you don't like mangoes, this can still be a delightful dessert for you! Once cooked, mangoes develop a more buttery taste and a softer texture. If you like to bake, I encourage you to try this one out with your loved ones!
- 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 or more ripe mangoes (according to taste)
1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Heat oven to 350º F. Grease a 10-by-10-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil, along with the amount of water called for by the package directions. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the melted butter and lemon/lime juice into the bottom of the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar. Spread the mangoes evenly over the sugar, then pour the batter over the mangoes. Place in oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes. Unmold onto a serving dish with a lip (to contain the juices).
* If I have extra Mango left over, I like to finely chop the mango and mix it with a little brown sugar. Then I stir the mixture into the batter so that the cake will have more flavor and moisture!