Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Saddest Thing

I'm at it again! I, am writing poetry! I don't really know how to feel about it. I mean, on one hand, it's another way to express myself artistically. On the other hand it's a little too angsty and emotional to fully throw myself in to. Nonetheless, it has been my mood these past few days; therefore, I have decided to shame express myself by posting the first poem I've written in years. Keep in mind that I am very rusty. The poem is called, "The Saddest Thing"


The Saddest Thing


I was once everything you wanted
Before you realized I, was me
I know you wouldn't dare say it aloud
But darling, I can see
A flicker of disappointment
A silent plea
That turns in to a rolling flame of "What ifs" and "If Onlys"


You have always reassured me
But alas I see
The misty grey of rainy days
That arrived right on beat
Ruining your perfectly planned picnic


Bitter regret stages itself between you and all you've ever dreamed
A dismal view of what's ahead taints all you've ever seen
I will alway remind you of who you couldn't be
You will remind me that I took everything.


Sideways glances over the dinner table 
Teardrops in your coffee
Only reminds me that I was never good enough for you
And the saddest thing is.....
You are right


No comments:

Post a Comment