Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Don't Think I Was Prepared for This: Part II

     Last week was a hard week for reasons I will not explain in this post. Needless to say, because of last week's...issues...this week was looking pretty dim. 
   All of last week I had been checking the status on an application I sent in (see "I don't think I was ready for this"). I've been checking everyday since I applied. But somehow I knew this was the week.
    I woke up Monday morning feeling like a bag of rocks! I didn't even get out of the bed for my class. I slept in for awhile, eventually getting out of bed like some pathetic, helpless rag doll. The first thing I did was check my email. 
Nothing. 
I went about my day, riding my bike and going to the rest of my classes. When I got home I checked my email again. There was a message waiting for me that said,
 "Welcome Future Bulldog!"
 I was in!!! 
      Part of me couldn't believe it! I mean, I had been praying about it for weeks! Don't get me wrong, I believed that God would come through, but there was a part of me that felt that it was still too good to be true. See, I have this  idea that the universe automatically works against me. Sad. True. It's probably because I play these twisted games in my head that basically gamble on whether or not the universe will work against me. For example, if I'm riding my bike, I gamble on whether or not a car will drive by as as soon as I decide to cross the street. It gets worse. I gamble on whether or not I'll miss a quiz, lose a game or if my plans fall will through. Most bad things that happen I blame on the universe- not myself. So imagine my surprise when I actually got in! 
The whole time I was was so scared that the universe would intervene once again, leaving me on the losing end! (Yes, I understand that that is NOT a good mentality to have). Granted, I'm still on egg shells about whether or not something will fall through and I won't be able to go to school at all....but that's another story.
      All in all, God came through! There are so many reasons why I needed to be closer to home and He knows every one (even though my prayers were a full list of reasons why He should let me go to UGA) <----Not Smart. I'm so excited about next year and SUPER thankful that I serve a God that makes things happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment