Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Haircut

      I can't keep it a secret any longer! This week, I had to go through one of the most depressing and heartbreaking experiences that ,hopefully, I'll ever have to go through. I...had to get my hair cut off. This may be an exaggeration, but it's exactly how I felt. 
    Now usually, people get their hair cut because they want a fresh new style or because they're donating it. They get their hair cut for probably any other reason other than my own . However,  I had to get my hair cut because it died....yes....it died. Cause of death: The Perm (curse you!).  I spent so many months trying to revive it only to surrender it to the hands of my ghetto hair stylist.
      It was a cold, dark day. I felt  that the weather was also mourning the loss of my hair.
 As I was sitting in the chair, the ghetto hair stylist took the clippers to the back of my head and shaved it all off.  There was a sinking feeling in the bottom of my stomach....it was gone, yes, all of it (well at least the back). 
      I keep getting reassuring comments from my family and friends, but they don't understand...It's not the hair that was lost- it was the battle. The battle for new growth.     
Anyways, I'm still trying to cope. Here's what it looks like.


....At least I can put all the headbands I make to good use.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog!! I am your newest follower. I think the hair cut is beautiful!! I think it suits you. Short and adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete