Monday, May 23, 2011

...So the World Didn't End.

                                           


      As I slipped on my jeans and shoes last Saturday morning, I realized that for many people, today was the end of the world. I'm sure you know by now that an 89 year-old man by the name of Herbert Camping predicted that the world would end on May 21, 2011. First of all.... He couldn't have given everyone an earlier notice? I mean, a one month notice isn't much time at all. In fact, it's just rude. I feel a little bad for the man though. As an (almost) ninety year-old man, all his dignity was lost because of a wrong prediction. He was wrong, yes, but it makes it a little sadder because he seemed sincere. Granted, he did make Christians look even crazier than everyone already thinks we are. Though the media does a darn good job too (our last chance was with Touched by an Angel, but then it got cancelled... After that there was no hope.).  Personally, I am convinced that we are indeed living in the  End Times; however, I was pretty sure it wouldn't be last Saturday. 


          Although I was mostly sure that the world wouldn't end last Saturday, It got me thinking: At some point it will. We all have to face what is on the other side of life, whether it be by the world ending or by death. Every one of us will have to account for our lives. 
      Honestly, if the world ended on last Saturday, I would have regretted not doing more with my life. There aren't any excuses I can use, though I am sure I could give you 20 right off the top of my head. The fact is that there is so much more that I aspire to spiritually and personally. Mr. Camping's "Dooms Day Prediction" (I refuse to call it a prophecy) at best, served as a reminder that everyone will have to account for their lives one day. What will we do to change the things that we fear judgement of ? 
                                                                              
                                                                                 Let's start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment